PARIENTS AND FAMILY RESPONSIBILITIES
Patients and family in the AMGH, have the following responsibilities:
1. Respect and value the hospital rules and regulations while paying a visit or approaching for consultations.
2. Show consideration for others and deal with other patients and staff with respect.
3. Respect the privacy of other patients.
4. Provide a complete and accurate information about the present complaints, past illness, hospitalization, treatment, any known sensitivity to medication and any other matter relating to your health.
5. Follow the health care provider’s instructions.
6. Accept responsibility for refusing treatment or not following treatment plan even after explaining the risk of not following it.
7. Avoid any delay in taking appointment from the appointment office.
8. Attend the appointment on time and if you want to cancel it, inform the appointment section 48 hours in advance.
9. Respect the priority given to the emergency cases.
10. Observe safety regulations including the no smoking policy.
11. Ensure that financial obligations of your health care are fulfilled promptly (if it exists).
12. Give the requested samples and make the medical check ups on time with no delay.
13. Avoid bringing valuable personal things to the hospital since the hospital is not responsible for keeping them. However, in any emergency cases and unaccompanied admissions, you will have their valuables recorded in the Patients Valuable Receipt by the nurse in the presence of the patient and manager on duty and obtained their signature as patients valuable policy & procedures.